Section 1.1 Topics Covered in MTH 60¶
Explanations, Examples, and Exercises.
Please note that the documents open in new windows.
- Introduction to linear equations in one variable
- Linear equations in one variable - Part II
- Literal equations
- Linear inequalities in one variable
- Intercepts and the Standard Form of the Equation of a Line
- Slope of a Line
- The Slope-Intercept Form of the Equation of a Line
- The Point-Slope Form of the Equation of a Line
- Parallel Lines, Perpendicular Lines, Horizontal Lines, and Vertical Lines
- Graphing Systems of Linear Equations
- Solving Systems of Equation Using the Method of Substitution
- Solving Systems of Equation Using the Method of Addition/Elimination
- Application Problems that can be Solved Using Systems of Equations
Please note that the Applets open in new windows.
Videos Created by Ann Cary and Scot Leavitt.
The links take you to YouTube Playlists which will open either in a new window or in a Youtube App.
- The Cartesian coordinate system
- Graphing linear equations on the Cartesian coordinate system
- The standard Form of the equation of a line/Intercepts
- Slope of a line
- The slope-intercept form of the equation of a line
- The point-slope form of the equation of a line
- Parallel lines/Perpendicular lines/Vertical and horizontal lines
- Solving systems of equations by graphing
- Solving systems of equations by substitution
- Solving systems of equations by variable elimination