Student and Graduate Employment - The PCC Advantage
Information for Employers
Portland Community College offers a variety of services to employers seeking qualified, motivated job applicants. The services are provided at no cost to employers, students and graduates. The program is designed to facilitate matching job openings with eligible applicants.
Employers may post non-career job announcements for part-time, full-time and temporary positions. These positions are sent to all campuses and are open to all PCC students and graduates. Employers may request specific skills or qualifications.
Employers seeking graduates or advanced students from specific career areas and programs may contact a Graduate Placement specialist for applicant referrals. Positions may be full-time, part-time or temporary. Employers may request specific skills or qualifications.
Each campus offers a number of career fairs throughout the year. Participating employers may recruit for current openings or simply provide company and career field information.
Student and Graduate Employment is closely affiliated with the Cooperative Education Program. On-campus interviewing is available for employers with large recruitments. Workshops and job search assistance is offered for PCC students and graduates. The Job Placement Offices maintain current job trend and company information for student use.
Sylvania Job Placement offers employers access to graduates and students in over 40 different professional/technical programs and some lower division programs, as well as career upgraders in technical areas. Graduate Placement Specialists are available to assist employers in recruiting for both full-time and part-time positions, and to provide information about PCC's programs and services.
Please follow these steps to list your job orders with our jobs intake staff. The job orders will be posted at the Sylvania, Rock Creek and Cascade Campuses.
- Allied Health (Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Radiology, Sonography)
- Automotive Service Technology
- Building Inspection
- Business Administration (Accounting, Management, Marketing, International Business)
- Civil/Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Computer Applications/Office Systems
- Computer Information Systems/Computer Science
- Computer Software Engineering Technology
- Drafting and Design (Architectural, Industrial)
- Early Childhood Education
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Fitness Technology
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Video Production
- Interior Design
- Machine Manufacturing Technology
- Publishing Technology
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, Geography, Gerontology, History, Peace & Conflict, Poli. Sci., Psychology, Sociology)
- Technical and Professional Writing
To place a job order:
- You may E-mail your job order to:email@example.com.
- You may FAX your job order to: (971)722-5030.
- You may U.S. Mail to: Portland Community College, HR/Student Employment,
P.O. Box 19000, Portland OR 97280-0990.
You may also want to contact a specialist directly. To see a list of staff and their program assignments, click here.
Sylvania Student Employment also lists upcoming "Special Events" like career fairs, open houses and on-campus recruitments on our web page. If your company is planning an employment event, please contact George Knox via e-mail (gknox @pcc.edu) or FAX (971-722-8129) with the information you would like posted. Portland Community College serves companies ranging from small, one-person shops to large, multi-department institutions.
Employers call on us from a variety of fields including Banking and Finance, High Technology, Manufacturing and the Medical Fields. Employers find a number of benefits in using Student and Graduate Job Placement to meet their workforce needs:
Portland Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a policy of non-discrimination for all people regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, expunged juvenile record, family relationship, sexual orientation, disability or veteran's status. Student and Graduate Employment is responsible for ensuring equal access to job opportunities for all qualified students and graduate applicants. The service is available to all employers who do not discriminate in their employment practices based on these criteria. PCC Job Placement is committed to providing quality service to our employers and to our student/graduates. Our referral role allows us to successfully match employer needs with student/graduate abilities.
- A motivated, diverse pool of job applicants.
- "One-Call" job order processing, at no charge.
- Confidential referral of job applicants.
- The option of requesting specific vocational training or skills.
- Access to entry-level and experienced applicants seeking full-time or part-time employment.
- Special summer, seasonal and temporary recruitments.
- The chance to utilize college students and graduates in the workforce.
Send comments or suggestions regarding
Student Employment and Cooperative Education pages to: Webmaster
Copyright 1996, Portland Community College
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution.
Last Modified: 2005.