2. The class ____________ at nine and ended at noon.
3. Please ____________ me any more trouble.
not to give
do not give
to not give
4. She is ________ active member of the club.
5. The mystery book writer, ___________ last story was about a murder, has a great imagination.
6. We'd rather you ___________ come to work late.
7. Everyone __________ in class now.
8. ________________ you since I came last week?
Was anyone visiting
Has anyone visited
Did anyone visit
9. The carton of eggs ________ in the refrigerator.
10. Sally, would you __________ bringing me water, please?
11. What are we listening ________ ?
12. He is ____________ person on earth.
the more happy
the most happiest
13. In downtown Portland ___________ a lot of tall buildings.
14. Which sentence has the correct capitalization?
The Portland City Grill is one of the most expensive Restaurants in the city of Portland.
The Portland city Grill is one of the most expensive restaurants in the city of Portland.
The Portland City Grill is one of the most expensive restaurants in the city of Portland.
The Portland City Grill is one of the most expensive restaurants in the City of Portland
15. Which sentence is NOT correct?
I had remembered.
Before you told me.
You told me.
Before you told me, I had remembered.
16. The basketball stars play _________.
17. Nice jewelry, such as diamond earrings, _________ expensive.
18. The manager promised he ___________ more money to all employees next week.
has been giving
19. They ____________ us to leave.
20. Which sentence is correct?
Dan's favorite TV show, All in The Family, is a comedy..
Dan's favorite TV show, All in the Family, is a comedy.
Dan's favorite TV Show, All in the Family, is a Comedy.
Dan's favorite TV show, All In The Family, is a Comedy.
21. About 283 million ___________ live in the United States.
22. Which sentence is NOT correct?
After the music ended.
Because we like ice cream, we eat it.
23. Portland is ___________ city than Sacramento.
a most beautiful
the most beautiful
a more beautiful
24. They'll drive her to the doctor when she __________ to go.
25. Which of the follwing sentences is CORRECT?
He came home, he went to bed.
He came home, so, he went to bed.
Then he came home, he went to bed.
He came home, and then he went to bed.